DSA/DSEF Scholarship Program Overview and Highlights
The Direct Sellers Association of Canada (DSA) will award up to five (5) academic scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to the sons or daughters of active independent representatives (ISC) of DSA member companies or those that are representatives themselves. The Direct Sellers Association of Canada (DSA) will also award up to one (1) academic scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to the son or daughter of a full time permanent employee of a DSA member company.
These sponsorships are made possible by funding and leadership of the Direct Selling Education Foundation of Canada (DSEF).
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of academic performance, faculty recommendation, extracurricular activities/community involvement, employment experience and a brief personal statement.
This on-line application form must be completed and submitted electronically on or before May 19, 2017
The application is a two-stage process. To qualify, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
• I am or have a parent or legal guardian that is an active* independent distributor/representative/consultant for a DSA member company (Representative must provide a valid representative number and identify DSA member company).
• Representative and DSA member company must be in good standing as of the application deadline.
• Full-time student registered in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian college or university entering the second, third or fourth year or enrolled in a three or four year CEGEP or technical school program. First year students are not eligible.
Applicants selected to proceed to stage two will receive confirmation prior to June 19, 2017. Only successful applicants will be contacted. To complete stage two, applicants must submit by email to email@example.com (upon request and no later than June 30, 2017) the following documents:
• Provide most recent college/university transcript (does not need to be an official transcript).
• Provide proof of enrolment in an accredited Canadian college or university program.
• Provide Letter of Reference from Faculty Member.
Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing prior to July 28, 2017. Arrangements will be made at that time for the release of scholarship funds.
DSA/DSEF reserves the right to terminate this program at any time. The Scholarship Review Committee (SRC) has the sole responsibility of selecting recipients based on the criteria as set forth in the description. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final. The application becomes the property of the DSA/DSEF. All questions about the scholarships should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.