We made it! As 2022 draws to a close, it is a great time to take a look at the past twelve months for DSA Canada and our member companies. It has certainly been an exciting year, as the challenges of the past two years began to fade into the background, with a number of important events and initiatives taking place. We know that everyone has enjoyed the opportunity to reconnect and share their successes.
For DSA Canada, we had a number of opportunities to provide value to our members and further the industry’s advocacy goals. We trust that these were of worth to you and your organization.
- Socio-Economic Impact Study – Every three years, with the input and assistance of our member companies, we produce this in-depth report on the incredible impact that direct selling has on the Canadian economy and the factors that drive industry success. Broad ranging data is made available exclusively to DSA Canada members, to assist with their strategic planning and provide operational insights.
- Direct Sellers Day – This annual public celebration of all that is great about the industry truly found its mojo in 2022. A fantastic in-person and online audience witnessed the amazing ISC Award Gala and celebrated the success of the some of the stars of direct sales. What a fun day, which will continue to grow in importance!
- Annual Conference at Blue Mountain – It was special to get together for our first conference in three years. The speakers and activities were marvellous, but it is the shared conversations that are truly invaluable. Congratulations to the Industry Award winners, particularly Darren Sketchley of Formcor, who took home the prestigious Ivan P. Phelan Award.
- Day on the Hill – The DSA Board and other industry executives returned to Ottawa in May for two days of meetings with members of parliament and key policy staff. This was an important opportunity to further the understanding and appreciation of direct selling’s crucial economic and social role across Canada. We truly have friends in high places.
- DSEF Scholarship Program – In 2022, we received 179 scholarship applications from students associated with 19 of our member companies. This was up from 155 applications from 13 member companies in 2021. The scholarship program, which provides valuable funding to students whose families are involved in the direct selling industry, relies on the support of DSA Canada member companies. Thank you to all member companies that proudly promoted this initiative.
- Plus, Everything Else – We had a fabulous year of seminars, webinars, member roundtables, advocacy activities and fundraising. Thanks to all member companies and employees who took part in any way, whether serving on a board or committee, attending a meeting or participating in a survey. We appreciate you all!
In 2023, we look forward to raising the bar again. With your support, we will continue to grow and achieve more victories that benefit your success. And remember, getting involved in DSA Canada initiatives will pay you back many times over.