As Earth Day approaches, we are reminded of the importance of this year’s theme, to “Invest in our Planet.” As Canada plans to meet net-zero emissions by 2050, Canadian consumers are increasingly seeking and investing in sustainable solutions to help reach this seemingly unattainable goal.
For many DSA Canada members, such as Arbonne International Canada, Mary Kay Cosmetics, MONAT Global Canada, PM-International, The Avon Company of Canada Ltd., Shaklee and USANA Health Sciences, sustainability – taking care of people and the planet – is extremely high on their list.
Based on the results of our 2022 Socio-Economic Impact Study, 72 per cent of companies operating in Canada were committed on giving back to their communities, donating $2.5 million in cash donations, $4.4 million in-kind, and employees donated 1,500 hours of their time volunteering at Canadian charities. Additionally, 95 per cent of their independent salesforce (independent sales consultants) supported charities focused on health and human services.
When it comes to investing in our planet, our members are cultivating change by investing in a variety of sustainable practices such as recycling programs, using less resources and harmful plastics, reducing their CO2 emissions, and utilizing more biodegradable/organic ingredients in their products, to name a few.
Here are some examples of direct selling companies who are committed, not only to our Code of Ethics, but also to “Investing in our Planet and People”:
- Arbonne International is a Certified B Corporation™. B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. Click here to learn more.
- Mary Kay Cosmetics released a 10-year Global plan, 2021 Global Sustainability and Social Impact Report, which guide their corporate decisions, shape their policies, and create positive change. Click here to read their commitments.
- MONAT Global is committed to building a beautiful sustainable world through a commitment to standards and practices adherent to the following three pillars: (1) Healthy planet, (2) purposeful business and products, and (3) joyful people and communities. Click here to learn more.
- PM-International strives to empower people and create opportunities for present and future generations and are committed to inventing sustainable steps for a better future. Click here to learn more.
- The Avon Company of Canada Ltd. is committed to positive social and environmental impact through their support for causes that matter to women and through how they do business. Click here to learn more.
- Founded in 1956, Shaklee is the first company in the world to obtain climate neutral certification and totally offset its CO2 emissions, resulting in a net zero impact on the environment. Click here to learn more.
- USANA Health Sciences defines their approach to sustainability as the process through which they meet the needs of today without compromising their ability to meet the needs of the future. Their core values—health, excellence, integrity, and community—drive every decision they make. Their three pillars of sustainability are: People, planet and product. Click here to learn more.
Visit our Member Directory for more information about our members.