A look at the key considerations for launching and operating a direct selling business in Canada.
Join us for our upcoming Master Class webinar, Doing Business in Canada, taking place on October 18, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., EDT.
This webinar is open to all corporate employees of direct selling companies, and will provide important content and updates for businesses considering market entry and those already in Canada. With its stable economy, strong consumer sentiment, predominantly English-speaking population and proximity to the US, Canada is a common-sense first step for companies with a global vision.
Our panel of experts will provide insights and updates on various business, legal and regulatory requirements that impact compliant businesses in the Canadian market, including:
- Regulatory approvals and MLM compliance
- Product and packaging requirements
- Business structure, tax and customs
- Provincial licensing matters
- French language obligations
- Shipping and logistics
- The important role of DSA Canada
Topics and speakers:
- Overview of the Canadian Marketplace – Peter Maddox, President, DSA Canada.
- Choice of Entity, High-Level Tax and Customs Planning Considerations – Robert Kreklewetz, Partner, Millar Kreklewetz.
- Direct Selling Compliance at Federal and Provincial Levels – Michael Weinberger, Associate, Siskinds.
- Product Regulation and Labelling – Lewis Retik, Partner, Gowling WLG.
- Consumer Product Safety, Privacy and Anti-Spam – Wendy Hulton, Partner, Dickinson Wright.
- Sales Tax Overview and Issues – Colleen Ma, Partner, Miller Thomson.
- Distribution and Logistics Fundamentals – Julie-Anne Fiore, Broad Reach Logistics.
Time will be set aside for discussion, so attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Time: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., EDT
Venue: Online via Zoom
Cost: DSA Canada active and supplier members – free; non-members – $49 CDN
Register by October 16, 2023.