Benefits of Membership
We offer direct selling businesses a unique opportunity to learn, share and contribute to a strong and successful future for this unique distribution channel.
The DSA is a well-positioned advocate, embodying the best in business – fair play, protection, passion, and a culture of shared information and prosperity. Membership of the DSA is your commitment – a proud banner declaring that you uphold these ideals in your corporation.
Reasons to Join Us
For companies that use direct selling to distribute consumer products and services in Canada.
Trust and Integrity
We represent and support Canada’s leading direct selling companies, and embody all that is best in the direct sales field. Members are committed to professionalism and expertise in a competitive arena and this helps us to expand our presence as the principal voice of direct selling.
Members proudly promote their commitment to ethical business practices, by displaying the DSA logo on websites and sales materials, discussing Code commitments with consultants, and ensuring that their community is treated with transparency and respect.
Becoming a member is your chance to unite with the industry and strengthen your organisation.
On behalf of our members and their Independent Sales Consultants (ISCs), we play an active role in the public arena, impacting policy and advocating for important issues at federal, provincial and municipal levels. We provide a collective voice to ensure an open marketplace in which our member companies and their ISCs can conduct business.
A number of committees provide the opportunity for members to be involved in shaping the DSA’s policy priorities and initiatives.
Your membership helps to ensure our voice is heard across all levels of government.
Events and Networking
We are driven to create rewarding experiences that deliver value and results for your business.
Whether it’s the DSA’s Annual Conference, webinars and seminars throughout the year, networking events or mentoring opportunities, members benefit from the DSA’s unique industry perspective.
Communications and Resources
We are the direct selling knowledge-base for industry, government, media and the public. We influence the conversation and actively seek out opportunities to promote the positive impact of direct sales in Canada.
Through a variety of channels, such as our newsletter, website and social media platforms, we offer timely updates and research on issues of importance to the industry.
Membership provides you with access to a wealth of news, information and data.
As a member, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Attend the Annual DSA Canada Conference.
- Attend member-only seminars and webinars.
- Feature the DSA logo on your electronic and printed resources.
- Participate in our Annual Awards Program.
- Celebrate Direct Sellers Day with us every September.
- Be involved in policy development.
- Attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- Be elected to the Association’s Board of Directors.
- Participate in Direct Selling Education Foundation (DSEF) activities and fundraising.
- Participate in the DSEF’s annual scholarship program.
- Represent the Association at advocacy events and on external consultations.
- Volunteer on internal committees such as the Government Relations Committee, Awards Committee, Health & Environment Committee, Conference Committee, Communications Committee.
For companies considering launching a direct selling business in Canada.
Subscriber Membership Benefits
- Connections to DSA staff, and introductions to suppliers with expertise in all aspects of Canadian direct sales.
- Access to vital resources, including industry research, legal guides and regulatory principles.
- Opportunities to network with experienced industry executives.
- Attendance at DSA conferences, seminars and webinars (Subscriber members are non-voting).
For companies that provide the direct selling industry with products and/or services.
Supplier Membership Benefits
- Excellent access to potential customers, clients and contracts.
- Listing in the DSA supplier directory.
- Opportunities for promotion through DSA communications and events.
- Attendance at DSA conferences, seminars and webinars (Supplier members are non-voting).